microEnable 5 marathon Product Series
Silicon Software develops with its marathon frame grabbers a product series of performance image acquisition and image processing boards for the most important digital interfaces in Machine Vision. marathon frame grabbers are characterized by its wide range of operation in major industries and applications, moreover offer one of the most attractive price-/performance ratio.
Technical characteristics of marathon product series
- Intelligent image acquisition and programmable image processing frame grabber
- Silicon Software data transfer technology DMA1800 with 1.800 MBs data bandwidth
- Image acquisition memory from 512 to 2048 MByte DDR3-RAM
- PCI Express x4 (Gen2) Technology
- Signal communication and programming of on-board and front trigger
- Power supply of cameras by power-over technology (except CLHS)
- Device driver support for Windows and Linux for 32bit and 64bit
Support of digital interfaces
|CoaXPress (CXP): a high-speed interface standard of state-of-the-art generation. Currently available with 25Gb/s per camera or frame grabber. With cable length up to 100m, power-over CXP and GenICam, the standard copes with all demands for Machine Vision.|
|Camera Link (CL): an established industry standard with transfer rates of up to 850MB/s including power-over support. It is very robust by its simple data connection technology and serial communication between camera and frame grabbers.|
|Camera Link High-Speed (CLHS): as well a high-speed interface standard of state-of-the-art generation. Specifies electric data transfers up to 2,1GB/s at 15m cable length or optical data transfers up to 1,2GB/s at 500m cable length. The protocol is packet based with extreme low jitter of 6.4ns and latencies of 150ns.|
Single models of the marathon product series
- microEnable 5 marathon ACX-QP, four-channels CXP frame grabber
- microEnable 5 marathon ACX-DP, two-channels CXP frame grabber (coning soon)
- microEnable 5 marathon ACX-SP,one-channel CXP frame grabber (coming soon)
- microEnable 5 marathon VCX-QP, four-channels programmable CXP frame grabber
- microEnable 5 marathon ACL, two-channels CL frame grabber
- microEnable 5 marathon VCL, two-channels programmable CL frame grabber
- microEnable 5 marathon AF2, two-channels, optical CLHS frame grabber
- microEnable 5 marathon VF2, two-channels, optical, programmable CLHS frame grabber (coming soon)
More Frame Grabbers: microEnable 5 marathon & ironman
The successful microEnable 5 ironman series experiences a powerful growth: in addition to Camera Link and CoaxPress frame grabbers, the ironman series is extended to Camera Link HS (CLHS) now. Even the CLHS Ironman will be available as A-series (as classical image acquisition frame grabber) as well as V-series (programmable frame grabber by VisualApplets) version. You can learn how to operate the ironman CLHS with fiber optic cables. A presentation was held by Silicon Software and PCO during the “Industrial Vision Days 2014” days.
Silicon Software is still the only manufacturer of frame grabbers, covering all relevant digital high-speed interface categories.
The ironman series is characterized by a data transfer to the host PC via PCI Express x8 (2nd Generation). By use of the DMA3600 technology from Silicon Software data transfers of 3.6 GB/s are achieved as a constant value. The frame grabber is equipped with 1GB (A-series) or 2GB (V-series) internal memory, has a powerful vision processor (Xilinx FPGA Virtex 6 series), a configurable trigger/digital I/O connector and a power supply for cameras (Power over Camera Link and Power over CoaXPress). The programmable version support VisualApplets and facilitate the implementation of complex algorithms for real-time image processing.
Functionally Revised and Rejuvenated
The new marathon will revise and rejuvenate our digital frame grabber series functionally. The current FPGA processors enable new and exciting functions that are executed directly on the frame grabber in real time.
The marathon series is the new generation of frame grabber for fast digital camera interfaces. The series will support Camera Link, CoaXPress and Camera Link HS. The new frame grabbers are characterized by current imaging technologies and support longer cable length (Camera Link), on-board trigger with programming options and advanced image preprocessing.
The new marathon series transfers image data to the host PC via PCI Express x4 (2nd generation). By using the DMA1800 technology from Silicon Software sustained data transfers of 1.8 GB/s can be achieved.
Extensive Internal Memory and Strong Processor
The frame grabber is equipped with extensive internal memory has a very strong vision processor (Xilinx FPGA of Kintex 7 series), a configurable trigger / digital I/O connector and a power supply for cameras (Power over Camera Link and Power over CoaXPress). The programmable version supports VisualApplets and allows the implementation of complex algorithms for real-time image processing.