LightBridge Product Series
Silicon Software develops with its external frame grabbers LightBridge a product series of performance image acquisition and image processing devices for Camera Link interface in Machine Vision. LightBridge frame grabbers are characterized by its wide range of operation in major industries and applications, moreover offer new opportunities for system integration and setup by its form factor.
Technical characteristics of LightBridge product series
- External intelligent image acquisition and programmable image processing frame grabber
- Data transfer Thunderbolt™ 2 technology with 2.000 MB/s data bandwidth
- Image acquisition memory from 512 to 2048 MByte DDR3-RAM
- Generic PCI Express technology via Thunderbolt™ 2 interface
- Signal communication and programming of on-board trigger and block terminal GPIO
- Power supply of Camera Link cameras by power-over technology
- Device driver support for Windows and Linux for 32bit and 64bit
Support of digital interfaces
|Camera Link (CL): an established industry standard with transfer rates of up to 850MB/s including power-over support. It is very robust by its simple data connection technology and serial communication between camera and frame grabbers.|
|Thunderbolt™ technology is an interface developed by Intel and Apple. By technical aspects, it is a combination from DisplayPort and an interface based on PCI Express.It is based on multiple parallel bidirectional channels, data are transferred serially.|
Single models of the LightBridge product series
- LightBridge ACL, external two-channels CL frame grabber device (pre-production, coming soon)
- LightBridge VCL, external two-channels programmable CL frame grabber device (pre-production)
More information about the LightBridge product series
LightBridge has currently the status of a pre-production product.
Due to technical improvements and the performance upgrade from Thunderbolt™ technology version 1 to Thunderbolt™ version 2 technology, LightBridge product series is available as an pre-series model for evaluation. The availability of the updated LightBridge product series will be announced.