The EDoF system with integrated focus tunable lens can process image stacks up to 50 individual images with deterministic latencies and high speed. The application running on the FPGA directs the lens controller, the camera and the image processing.
- Realization of an enhanced, fast “Extended Depth of Focus” (EDoF) using a focus tunable lens
- From a continuous image acquisition sequence of up to 20 (currently) individual frames with varying focal length, a sharp final image with an expanded range of focus is generated in real-time
- Programmable CoaXPress frame grabber equipped with EDoF application
Silicon Software in partnership with Optotune, has created an enhanced, fast “Extended Depth of Focus” (EDoF) functionality using a focus tunable lens. From a continuous image acquisition sequence of up to 20 (currently) individual frames with varying focal length, a sharp final image with an expanded range of focus is generated in real-time.
The high-speed-image processing system is especially well suited for inspection systems with high data throughput, since the frame grabber executes the calculation in a short period of time during image acquisition. The VisualApplets programmed EDoF application executes the image acquisition and executes the image calculation and output.
- The sharp result image corresponds to the time demands of industrial applications
- The VisualApplets programmed EDoF application controls the acquisition of image sequences by synchronous control of lens controller and camera and executes the image calculation and output
- Output of two final images as index/depth image and completely sharp image
Optotune develops and manufactures industry shaping active optical components for customers around the globe.