The system delivers highly precise 3D images for inspecting components and solder joints on circuit boards. LightBridge offers higher performance. As a result, we were able to increase the main camera’s total resolution from 2 to 4 megapixels.
- Optical PCB inspection in 3D with 24 bit color resolution
- Connection of AOI devices via Thunderbolt™ cables to host PCs under Apple
- Use of the external frame grabber LightBridge for flexible cable lengths and synchronization of 9 cameras
When it comes to the manufacturing of band material such as foils it is essential to deliver an error-free quality to the end customers to avoid returns and expensive reworking. To achieve this, it is required to analyze the foil’s surfaces dependably on defects already in the production and to initiate quality-securing activities in time.
With the inspections system by R.A.M. GmbH, Germany, in which frame grabbers and software by Silicon Software are integrated, foils can be analyzed area-wide with high resolution, detected defects be differentiated securely and analyzed in real-time and therefore the processes in the production be optimized.
- Best image quality for the quality control of printed circuit boards on Apple computers at reasonable cost
- Representation of all errors in 3D close-ups
- Host PC was relieved of image processing calculations by FPGA in LightBridge
- Independent graphical programming of special applications with VisualApplets
MEK Marantz Electronics is a supplier of 3D Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) and Solder Paste Inspection (SPI) technologies for advanced PCB inspection, test and measurement.