The system delivers highly precise 3D images for inspecting components and solder joints on circuit boards. LightBridge offers higher performance. As a result, we were able to increase the main camera’s total resolution from 2 to 4 megapixels.
- Optical PCB inspection in 3D with 24 bit color resolution
- Connection of AOI devices via Thunderbolt™ cables to host PCs under Apple
- Use of the external frame grabber LightBridge for flexible cable lengths and synchronization of 9 cameras
For optical PCB inspection in 3D with 24 bit color resolution, Japanese company MEK Marantz Electronics uses Silicon Software’s LightBridge external image processing device. The device enables easy connection of AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) devices to host PCs running Apple’s Mac OSX operating system via Thunderbolt™ cables.
For special inspection tasks, MEK has programmed appropriate image processing applications and measurement procedures individually on the LightBridge FPGA using VisualApplets with no hardware programming knowledge whatsoever.
- Best image quality for the quality control of printed circuit boards on Apple computers at reasonable cost
- Representation of all errors in 3D close-ups
- Host PC was relieved of image processing calculations by FPGA in LightBridge
- Independent graphical programming of special applications with VisualApplets
MEK Marantz Electronics is a supplier of 3D Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) and Solder Paste Inspection (SPI) technologies for advanced PCB inspection, test and measurement.